July 5, 2011

We Knew It'd Happen Eventually (June 5, 2011)

What do you mean?
Explain, please

Kind of you to change your mind,
Now I've taught myself to ignore my heart
Effectively, you've killed my progress
While I fell out of love with you.

I would love to know what you mean
Tell me how it would be different
Disappoint me as always

Hearts aren't meant to change so quickly
Ask why I might say no
Pretend you love me
Pretend you don't
Endearments, breathed softly, are an insult
Naivety is gone.

Enchantment is gone; welcome to reality
View my reaction through a screen
End the conversation
Never learn the other side
Totally out of reasons to love you
Unless...
Ask me why I might say yes.
Learn why I could subject myself again
Leave now, before I admit
You may be my one and only.

No comments:

Post a Comment