September 1, 2011

Two Seasons (August 9, 2010)

I’ve been spending too much time chasing ghosts
Without looking out the window.
It’s getting to be far too late to clear my head.
I have too many things to tell you.

But even now I try to keep my feet in place.
The days grow cold for winter.
Your bitter heart would smile to see the damages
From wooden-hearted splinters.

The snakes can crawl down my throat tonight,
Reminds me of a nightmare.
My crooked heart loves to find you etched in stone
Because fabric won’t fight a tear.

I’ve had a problem with the birds before
But I’ve had to fight them.
If another vulture comes to circle me
I might use you to frighten.

I think you’ve always been a mirror
Buried too deep to notice.
Hang up your ears and unplug your eyes
So I can read your motives.

I’ll pretend that I never loved you
Open arms made accidently
If another comes by to fill my place
I hope you never find it easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment