June 20, 2011

Attack (December 13, 2010)

Please tell me it’s over.

Tell me you don’t care what they say.

Shower me with saccarine words straight from your movie screen.

Pretend that you love me.

Claim that you always think of me.

Explain why you never seem to fight for what I say.

Why aren’t I firm in lines I set?

Curving my words to second best,

taking heart from things that I can barely hear.

I lay awake far past midnight,

in the panic state of fight.

Even though I thought I left that far away

though you think I’m okay.

Pull out your dagger.

Cut through the ropes I tied in knots

Slice through skin I used to shield potential cures for this.

Scream for tomorrow.

Scream like you cannot hear your voice.

Scream like me when I based myself on perfect bites.

Can I abandon pain for sun?

If I could replay all that you’ve done.

Smear the dirt from where I’m from all on my face.

Sit at my feet you spit and curse.

Keep me from getting any worse.

Because your love will never change the fact

it’s too late for a new attack.

No comments:

Post a Comment