June 20, 2011

Last Kiss (June 18, 2011)

I sure could use an amnesia pill. I don’t want to remember everything. The way you held my trembling body is permanently ingrained. I couldn’t have lived without you then and I sure as hell can’t start. You were the one who carried all my ache…but you no longer want my heart.

I’ve heard quite a few songs about the thrill of a first kiss-nothing compares to the feeling of new lips. But I’m still stuck watching you walk away with the last kiss you ever gave.

Chaste and quick, not near enough. I’d give more, but you won’t. I selfishly need you back again although I know you don’t. The fact that it was all my fault only makes it Hell. I replay all my skittish, unfair words and wish I could kill myself.

I’ve heard quite a few songs about the thrill of a first kiss-nothing compares to the feeling of new lips. But I’m still stuck watching you walk away with the last kiss you ever gave. 

No comments:

Post a Comment