June 20, 2011

Your Effect (date unknown, written sometime in 2009)

Is there a place I haven’t been? I know that I’ve been through hell. So I want to find it again.

You’re like an angel, knocked out cold. I know you could never love me. Or at least that’s what I’m told…

I’m hooked on your effect. It doesn’t matter what they say to me because I know what’s in my head and I
think I’m hooked on the way you breathe. Too soon I’ll be a jaded lover. Searching for the child I used to be.

Is there something I don’t see? Point me in the right direction. Point me to that place I need.

Angel help me, I’ve been hurt. Lift me up or let me follow. Just don’t leave me in the dirt.

I’m hooked on your effect. It doesn’t matter what they say to me because I know what’s in my head and I think I’m hooked on everything. That you say when we’re late and lonely. I’m looking for what you claim to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment