June 20, 2011

First Amendment (April 27, 2011)

My soul falls in pieces
I can’t hear the telephone
Don’t try talking to me
Unless you bring news from home
I think it’s been a couple days
Might’ve been a week
Someone could carry me away

As we march in time
And someone dares to fall out of line
They’ll just step back through
Once it’s new who would know what to do?
In a crowd of clouds
Everyone is taught to be loud
“Make your voice so heard
That no one can decipher your words.”
“How the world can speak
With a verse that’s written too weak
Is it just a ruse?
To disguise that you’re all confused.”
And they all march by
All taught to always ask why
To keep the guns held tight
Every hello is a fight
Every heart’s a fire
Against all the suits that conspire
And no one will know
It was we who let the cannons go
What the phrase now means
You must never accept anything
You must always fight
Because only you can be right

My body lies in pieces
I can’t hear the telephone
Don’t tell me a thing
I don’t want to go back home

No comments:

Post a Comment