June 20, 2011

Coffee makes me nostalgic (July 20, 2010)

I remember the days, fall and winter 2008 when I drank coffee every morning. Black, strong, and a little sugar.

I remember waking up on Monday mornings and going straight to the computer to watch TAITV in a half-awake haze.. I remember sitting with a cup of coffee when I sent my friend the first poem I ever felt was good enough to share. I remember the taste of coffee in my mouth as the nights got longer and the air grew cold.

I remember how back then I was fighting…I remember winning. I remember Halloween spent wondering what I did wrong. I remember lying in the dark, separate, overreacting and being proven correct. I remember the bitterness of coffee when I started to wonder.

I remember the buzz from too much coffee in the evenings. I remember getting Starbucks at every hour of the morning. I remember drinking coffee while I waited for a door to open. I remember rushes of adrenaline that had nothing to do with caffeine.

I remember some of the best times of my life. I remember caring too much and being a kid for one more season.

No comments:

Post a Comment